Go to the Main Business Forum page

If I showed you a way to make a dollar, would you give me back a quarter? [Archive] - Page 25 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : If I showed you a way to make a dollar, would you give me back a quarter?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

-TW
October 5, 2006, 01:19 AM
No, I meant $1,000,000 in sales is chump change.

In the real world (if anyone still remembers that), a $5 mil company is considered tiny-tiny.

What is Gunthy-Renker? A 10-20 mil company? I don't know.

Compare their OFFline ROI with their ONline ROI -- I bet there is NO comparison.

As I've said before, the 12-month millionaire made 77 million in 2 years, and (because?) he had the good sense to avoid online marketing altogether!

How? Mainly by plowing through 40,000 names per month, every month -- direct mail.

He stated his case TO the audience *HE* selected -- whether they WANTED to have his case stated to them... or not.

Intrusive marketing.

Not possible and/or illegal online.

I must mention this caveat though...

Online works great in the JV department.

Other than that aspect (JVing), online marketing can safely be ignored + dismissed, imo.

UNLESS (as you know I've said before) you HAPPEN to be in a biz where if-you-need-it-you-need-it-and-if-you-don't-you-don't. Like a plumber or lawyer or tow truck. THEN the web is great -- because 100% of your potential market *IS* actively searching for you.

Cheers!

-- TW

PS: I just advise that one keep one's PERSPECTIVE level-headed about what the web can and CANNOT do, in terms of marketing. Everyone tends to put it at the TOP of the list, when more often than not, it should really be at the BOTTOM of the list.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page