Go to the Main Business Forum page

My 17 Year Old Daughter's Car Broke Down [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My 17 Year Old Daughter's Car Broke Down

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

ImpactYourArea.com
February 22, 2007, 09:50 AM
Greetings Group,

I have a plea for help and have posted this at another forum.

What a mess it was! My 17 year old college daughter was stranded in the middle of nowhere, late at night, miles from home and not a phone within 5 miles.

When she finally did call home she was exhausted, crying and scared to death.

"Dad, my car started smoking and then it locked up and I almost got hit by a BIG truck. My car won't start, I've got class tomorrow and I have to go to work the next day. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?"

After calming her down, and finding out where she was broke down, I made the long drive north.

It was very dark when I got there and quite desolet. Kind of scary. The first thing I did when I got there, was give my daughter the biggest hug she ever got. Then I went to looking under the hood.

After looking under the hood with my mini mag light, there was fluid everywhere. So I knew right then, that her car could not be fixed by me, but needed to go to a mechanic's $$$hop.

Closing the hood, I got out the tow strap and began the long tow home. TWO HOURS later, we pull into the driveway.

The next morning I got back under the hood to take a closer look. I still could not determine what needed to be repaired. All I knew was that my daughter's repair bill was going to be high.

I made some calls to local mechanics I know personally. I wished I hadn't. "Woody, you are looking at close to $600. :eek:

Being that my daughter goes to college twice a week and works part time 4 days a week, her vehicle being broke down has brought her to the point of quitting.

Do you remember those days?

I've told her that this problem can and will be solved and not to give up. I told her I would go online and sell items on ebay or craigslist to try and help her out.

After much brain storming and trying to figure out what I could sell, I realized that I could offer my home study course to help offset my daughter's car repair bill.

So I appeal to the Seeds of Wisdom group for help. If you would like to help a 17 year old college kid, who works part time to pay her tutition, books, car insurance and car payment, get her transportation up and running, so she can keep going to school and working, I will exchange your $20 donation for a copy of my home study course.

Just go to Paypal (http://www.paypal.com) and send the $20 to woody@impactyourarea.com and mark it as "Donation For Car Repair".

When we receive an email from Paypal, I will email you later in the day with the home study course attached in a pdf formatted file.

Thanks for all your help.
Woody Quiñones

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page