Go to the Main Business Forum page

Do they see you as a huckster? aka: Be careful what you glorify... [Archive] - Page 15 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do they see you as a huckster? aka: Be careful what you glorify...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19

-TW
August 31, 2008, 02:48 AM
the potential (and TEMPTATION) for playing one's audience FOR FOOLS!

Scamming them -- saying to one's self, "Hell I'll get the same amount of profit if I give them real value, OR NOT. Maybe it'll be an even bigger payday for me if I DON'T give them any real value!"

There's an old joke, billed as the ultimate "New Yorker's" joke, supposedly reflective of their famous who-gives-a-crap, tough-love attitude (I grew up in NYC, so I can say this) -- the joke goes like this...

Joe: I've got this great LIVE BEE collection -- with bees from all over the world, with dozens of different species and types. It is a truly wonderful collection.

Henry: Really! Where do you keep all those bees?

Joe: In this cigar box right here.

Henry: WOW! -- But don't they sting each other in there? Don't they kill each other?

Joe: F**k 'em.

THAT'S hucksterism.

Playing your audience FOR FOOLS.

Using sleazy USED CAR SALESMEN techniques -- thereby DISRESPECTING your potential customers, and then not giving a crap about it -- because the payday will be the same (or better) anyhow.

And -- unfortunately -- that maybe EXACTLY how the (real) world is viewing YOU, whether you like it or not! -- Whether you're actually doing that, or not!

The real world may very well think you're wearing a plaid jacket -- even if you're not!

-- TW

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page